Monday, June 27, 2011

June Block and Quilt

June's block continues expanding our palette with additional rose and pinks. It's a fun, graphic design of pieced light squares alternating with solid dark rectangles.


Sometimes a block inspires me to ask questions and those questions often lead to a new quilt design. After I designed the June block, I started down that path and asked some questions.

  • What if I made the block bigger? Instead of the block finishing at 12”, it could finish at 18.
  • And then what if I made a reverse of the block, where the pieced four-patch and strips became solid and the solid strips became pieced?
  • And then arranged them in an alternate block setting?

Before I knew it, I was grabbing fabrics and cutting them up so I could answer those questions, piece the quilt, and share this idea with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment